Wednesday 16 January 2008

Maemo SDK

Having given away the shiny new n810 for a week, there was plenty of time to get the Maemo SDK to work. And I needed it.
After the Scratchbox installation, I was greeted by:

ph5@monster:~# /scratchbox/login
Inconsistency detected by ld.so: rtld.c: 1192: dl_main: Assertion `(void *) ph->p_vaddr == _rtld_local._dl_sysinfo_dos' failed!


Google helped to find out that my kernel is missing COMPAT_VDSO. So I used that as an opportunity to upgrade to 2.6.24-rc7 (and later -rc8). Then b43legacy locked up hard. dtl1_cs panicked. All kinds of ext3 file systems wanted to be fscked... I knew I wouldn't have the patience.
Anyway, now that the ancient glibc in Scratchbox worked I could install the Maemo SDK and the (ugh) proprietary binary packages. Because I'm lazy I need this script to start the Maemo environment inside Xephyr:

#!/bin/sh
Xephyr :2 -host-cursor -screen 800x480x16 -dpi 96 -ac -extension Composite &
XEPHYR_PID=$!
DISPLAY=:2 /scratchbox/login -k af-sb-init.sh start
wait $XEPHYR_PID
DISPLAY=:2 /scratchbox/login -k af-sb-init.sh stop

No comments: